Friday, June 18, 2010

Teen Talk: Disney Channel vs. Nickelodeon (Full Interview)


Hey guys it’s Matt and this is TE’s first ever Teen Talk where we you get to read all of the opinions from Teens on different subjects. The subject today is on Disney Channel vs. Nickelodeon. I meet up with four of my friends who were happy to be interviewed on this subject. Here today we have David, Garrett, Becca, and Alex. We asked them questions on the subject Disney Channel vs. Nickelodeon where there has been an ongoing battle between the two channels! First up is Garrett (This is the full interview).

Matt: So what’s up Garret happy to be here?

Garrett: I’m so excited! Hey there TE viewers!

Matt: So the topic Disney Channel vs. Nickelodeon what do you think of this whole idea.

Garrett: I definitely think that there is an ongoing battle but it is pretty normal because of course they are going to try to be better than one another. Although I totally think there is some type of drama between the two.

Matt: So what do you think about Disney Channel? Do you think they are the ones trying to fight them?

Garrett: Definitely not! I actually think Nickelodeon started it. Nickelodeon can be immature sometimes and it shows on the channel. Once there was an episode of iCarly and it was called iTake On Dingo which was parody of Disney Channel. They were really being cold. They made fun of Walt Disney and Hannah Montana and a bunch of other stuff on Disney Channel. Plus Disney Channel is more appropriate then Nick. They have comedy that is funny but not inappropriate unlike Nick.

Matt: Yeah I saw that episode and I totally agree. One time I turned on the TV and Back at the Barnyard was on and one of the animals where watching a show where they were singing “We’re all singing, we’re in high school, we’re adorable, singing a musical, in high school, adorable!” They were saying watching it was torture. I totally thought that they were poking fun at High School Musical. I don’t know why because HSM is way better than that show. So I definitely know what you mean. So how do you think you can tell the feud between the two other than that iCarly episode?

Garrett: I think everyone can tell that Nick has copied Disney and Disney had copied Nick before. We all know that but you can tell because they are always comparing each other and trying to get more viewers than one another. Sometimes I think they can both take it too far but that’s business.

Matt: Some people say that all Disney Stars end up corrupt and Nick Stars don’t? Do you think that is true?

Garrett: No totally not. I know that Miley Cyrus has done a few things that may not seem Disney-like but she is growing up so you can’t just bag on her for doing more grown-up things. Plus there was Jamie-Lynn-Spears. She got a baby at 16. Anyone remember that?

Matt: I see your point. I mean everyone does things here in there out of temptation. You said before that you think Disney Channel is more appropriate then Nick. What do you think about the shows?

Garrett: Well I enjoy all Disney Channel shows because I really like them. I like some Nick shows. I think Nick wanted to put more music into the channel with Big Time Rush and Victorious since that made Disney Channel a lot of money when they put more music into the show. I think that Fanboy and Chum Chum is a really annoying show and just hearing that stupid theme song puts me in a bad mood. All the other shows on Nick are pretty good. I kinda do think that Big Time Rush is kinda gay. Not that it’s a bad thing.

Matt: A lot of people compare shows from Disney Channel and Nick tell me which one you like better? Big Time Rush or Jonas LA?

Garrett: Definitely Jonas LA

Matt: Hannah Montana or iCarly?

Garrett: I honestly don’t know. Probably both.

Matt: Phineas and Ferb or SpongeBob?

Garrett: If it were any other show I would say SpongeBob but I love Phineas and Ferb so, Phineas and Ferb!

Matt: Now here is the big question. Which do you like better, Disney Channel or Nick?

Garrett: That’s a really hard question! I don’t know. Probably Disney Channel but I could get sick of it if I watched it all the time.

Matt: Well thanks for your time Garrett! I really appreciate it!

Garrett: No problem Matt! This was fun! See ya TE viewers!

So what do you think about this subject? Stay tuned because in a few days next we’ll have our interview with Becca on the same subject!


-Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment